Saturday, February 13, 2016

Florida for my 30th!

LAST winter when it was so horrible and freezing we decided we are going somewhere warmer for the next winter; which timed up perfectly for my 30th birthday!  So we, with my parents, all went to Naples, FL for an entire week.  We rented a house, which was amazing to have so much space, our own pool, and a full kitchen.

The weather wasn't over the top warm, we wore a lot of pants still. But it certainly was way warmer than it was in Michigan and we were able to do a lot of outdoor things.  It was such a nice change of pace than home; good to just get away and spend time together without the many distractions that are home!


This is what flying with 2 kids looks like!  The kids did pretty well during the flights for the most part.  Leah had a hard time falling asleep by me, and when she was awake it was difficult to entertain her....







Celebrating my 30th birthday!!


Taking a nap in the stroller on the beach


We had one 80 degree day, and spent the entire day between the beach and at our pool.



Oh I miss eating outside!





Matching dresses my mom made the girls :)


It was fun playing games at night when the girls went to bed!



We went to Sanibel Island for a day, it was really cool checking out the nature preserve and then a quick stop at the beach there to collect some shells.  The kids were DONE though by the time we got to the beach so it was quick.



An awesome burger/hotdog place we found (Brooks Burgers)!  It was SO good. I had a hotdog that had pulled pork on top!





It was such a fun week.  I could have stayed for a few more days!  If we do it again we would just go a little later in the year for the potential for warmer weather; but it was so special going over my birthday :)

No comments: