Monday, June 6, 2016

Caleb 2 Months Old!



Weight: 11lb 3oz (20th percentile)
Height: 23.5in (69th percentile)

Caleb is already 2 months old!  These last 9 weeks have been an adjustment for sure, but I really feel like we are getting into a grove.  He is becoming more predictable and consistent with sleep (usually….) which helps a lot.  And I am adjusting to handling 3 little kids and all of their many needs!  

Having a more consistent sleep pattern at night has been the biggest help.  He goes down for the night anywhere from 9-11pm.  Lately I have been having a hard time getting him settled enough to go down, but once he is down he sleeps for about 5-6hrs.  Gets up and eats, and then back down for another 2-3hrs.  I am still trying to go to bed when he does in the evening, which means no kid free hours usually for me all day, but for right now this is what works best.  He is sleeping in our room, in a little bassinet that attaches to our pack n play.  One of these days I should try and have him sleep on the flat mattress of the pack n play, but I’m nervous he won’t sleep as well!  And I don’t want to rock the boat right now!



During the day Caleb eats every 2-3hrs.  His napping is really inconsistent.  Sometimes he does a long morning nap, other times a longer afternoon snooze, and sometimes no long nap at all during the day.  The days where he won’t do a long sleep stretch are very challenging, those are the days where I pack everyone up and we usually go walking somewhere because he likes being in the stroller or carrier.  

The sisters are very loving to him.  Leah loves to give him kisses and put his plug in his mouth.  I have to tell her “GENTLE” often times, but she is pretty good with him.  She loves to hold him too, which is super cute.  Brie also loves to give kisses and hold him, she mimics what we say to him a lot, really cute!  Sometimes if he is crying I have Brie go and sing him songs, she loves to do that, but if he continues to cry she says “Mom, it isn’t working!”  

He continues to take the Zantac (antacid medication) twice a day, which seems to help him.  I notice when I forget to give it.  I think I’ll give it another month and see how he does off of it.  He also has the baby acne going on!  Poor kid looks like a teenager :) 

Caleb has done great with taking a bottle and has been left with babysitters and Alec a few times now.  Big change (but not too big of a change…) coming next week I will be going back to work!  June 13 is my first shift back.  I figured I might as well go back before 12 weeks, just peel the bandaid off and get back to it!  With my new status as unit based resource, I am only required to work 8hrs in the pay period. So right now I have 2 shifts scheduled over a 2 week period.  I think we can all handle that :) I am anxious to get back, and looking forward to not being a hugely pregnant nurse!  I’ve enjoyed the time away from work, it was wonderful getting settled here at home over the last few weeks.  I’m thankful I don’t have to work very often, this will be the perfect amount to get me out of the house, using that part of my brain, and keeping up with my skill.  

He is definitely out of the newborn phase!  It is so fun to see him grow and continue to develop.  He is such a special part of our family! 







No comments: